Terms and Conditions
All orders for products on this website are subject to the following Terms. Conditions and Limited Warranty Policies. Sales are processed according to the following Terms & Conditions:
- Customers have studied the product features and functions and accept all conditions described about installation, usage and maintenance and warranties.
- All orders are subject to payment of product, shipping and taxes (for CA residents only)
- All orders will be shipped within 2 business days of order receipt and payment confirmation.
- All sales are final. Returns are only subject to the terms set out in our Standard Limited Warranty Statement described below.
- We will not sell or distribute customer data but reserve the right to use such data to inform customers of new products or changes to current products.
- Purchaser warrants that he will read the manual and installation and usage instructions for the proper use, functionality and maintenance of the products.
Standard Limited Warranty
Definitions: Kono America, Inc. is the registered importer of products on this website and supports the warranties of these products sold through all our authorized reseller channels in North America (USA & Canada). Kono America, Inc., its agents and resellers shall be collectively denoted as “Kono America, Inc.” in this document. Customers who do not purchase from authorized resellers of Kono America, Inc. are asked to address their warranty claims to their reseller.
Standard Limited Warranty
This document sets out the standard Manufacturing Warranty policy for all products sold by Kono America, Inc. in the United States.
Kono America, Inc. warrants that the Equipment shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship during the Warranty Period (defined below). If the Equipment fails to conform to this Warranty and the purchaser notifies Kono America, Inc. in writing within the Warranty Period, Kono America, Inc. shall, in its sole discretion, without charge for labor or parts, repair or replace the Equipment on the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Customer is responsible for ensuring that the batteries are checked regularly in accordance with their manufacturer’s warranty and replaced as needed. Carrying a spare set in the car offers additional security.
The Warranty Period is ONE (1) YEAR from the date of purchase by the original end-user customer.
If the Equipment has been repaired or replaced under warranty, the warranty shall apply until the end of the original Warranty Period, or six (6) months from the date of such repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
Warranty Claims and Validation
The purchaser making a warranty claim shall in the first instance contact Kono America, Inc. at email@example.com or the reseller from whom the product was purchased, quoting the original sales invoice number, date of purchase, serial number and the original dealer's name.
Kono America, Inc. will then contact the customer via email allocating a RMA (Returns Merchandise Authorization) number and address to which the product shall be returned in the country of purchase. All returns must contain all component parts and be postage or freight pre-paid. ALL MERCHANDISE RETURNED WITHOUT PRE- PAID FREIGHT OR A RMA NUMBER WILL BE REJECTED OR NOT BE RETURNED TO CONSUMER.
The following are excluded from the warranty:
- Damage caused by acts of God or any reason beyond the control of Kono America, Inc.
- Misuse, including (but not limited to) failure to use the Equipment for its intended purpose in accordance with instructions on its proper use and maintenance including ensuring batteries are replaced as recommended by battery manufacturer;
- improper operation or maintenance of the Equipment;
- Connection to an improper power supply; attempted repair by anyone other than a properly authorized service agent;
- Use of the Equipment in conjunction with third-party accessories, products or ancillary peripheral equipment.
- Equipment where the manufacturer’s serial number has been altered, deleted removed, or made illegible.
- Equipment which has been adjusted or adapted without prior written consent, including (but not limited to): upgrading the Equipment beyond specifications or features described in the instruction manual, or modifications to the Equipment to conform it to national or local technical or safety standards in countries other than those for which the Equipment was specifically designed and manufactured.
- Normal wear and tear of parts, as defined by manufacturer in Service Manuals unless there is evidence of a manufacturing defect.
Limitation of Liability
THE EXPRESS WARRANTY ABOVE SHALL BE THE FULL EXTENT OF MANUFACTURER’S AND DISTRIBTOR’S LIABILITY. ACCORDINGLY, KONO AMERICA, INC. AND MANUFACTURER DISCLAIM ALL OTHER LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MANUFACTURER BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ALL REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR CREDIT.